Vanema Storitve d.o.o. –
Privacy Notice Introduction
Welcome to Vanema Storitve d.o.o. privacy notice.
Vanema respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information. This privacy notice will let you know how we look after your personal information generally as well as when you visit our website and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
This notice gives you information on how Vanema collects and processes your personal information. It is intended to cover all of your rights and information requires under applicable data protection laws including with effect from 25th May 2018 the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and, once in force, the Slovenian Data Protection Act. We are continually aiming to improve our systems and processes so there may be some updates to this privacy notice from time to time.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Who are we?
Our full company name is Vanema storitve d.o.o.
We are a company registered in Slovenia with company number 2168251000 and our registered office is at Cesta Borisa Kidrica 15, Zagorje ob Savi, 1400, Slovenia.
Our related companies are:
Studio Moderna Brands International Limited a company registered in England with company number 07673785 and its registered office at Wye House, 376 London Road, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP11 1LH.
Dormeo UK Limited a company registered in England with company number 07440398 and its registered office at Wye House, 376 London Road, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP11 1LH.
Moderna Ventures SA a company registered in Switzerland with company number CHE 223.600.407 and its registered office at Via Ronco Nuovo 11b, 6949 Comano, Switzerland
MediaShop Holding GmbH a company registered in Austria with company number ATU62839708 and its registered office at Schwarzottstraße 2a, AT 2620 Neunkirchen, Austria.
Studio Moderna, finančne in intelektualne storitve ter trgovina d.o.o., company registered in Slovenia under company number 5566975000 and its registred office at Podvine 36, 1410 Zagorje ob Savi.
JML Benelux B.V., company registered in Netherlands under company number KvK nummer: 32167357, BTW number: NL 8219.17.936.B.01and its registered office at Eemnesserweg 10-11 (unit 3), 1251 NA LAREN, Netherlands
Vanema storitve d.o.o. is usually the data controller and responsible for your personal information.
When we refer to "Vanema" "we", "us" or "our" in this privacy notice we are referring to the above. References to “website” or our “site” are to the sites operated by the above companies.
What personal information do we collect about you?
We collect and process a range of personal information.
Certain information is collected directly from you. This may be in a variety of ways including the following:
- via our website (e.g. information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, registering your warranty or setting up a profile)
- when you make a request or query whether by mail, e-mail, via our website or on the telephone
- directly to us whilst at one of our shops or at a exhibition or show that we attend
- if you choose to complete a survey or enter a competition
- if you post a comment on our website or blog
- when you interact with us via social media such as Twitter, Instagram or
This type of information is likely to fall into one of the following categories:
- contact details (for example, last name, first name, address, post code, telephone number, email)
- demographic information (for example, nationality, age)
- your credit or debit card number (for transaction and reservation purposes)
- your preferences and interests
- your views, opinions, questions and comments, for example, via any survey to which may choose to respond or via social media channels (see below for further information about this)
- your transaction history
- records of your correspondence with us
- undertaking credit checks if you would like to pay by instalments
- details of your visit to any of our websites and the resources you access
- data entered on our websites including non-submitted (or abandoned) data
- your image when you visit any of our shops or premises where we frequently operate CCTV for your security and that of our staff and other visitors
Some of the above may be provided to us via third party sources (i.e. from someone who is not Vanema). For example:
- you may order one of our products from one of our business customers and they will need to pass certain information to us so that we can fulfil your request;
- when you post any reviews of our products or services we may obtain information from third parties
Third parties provide certain facilities and functions that are made available by Vanema. For example, we use software provided by a third party to allow individuals to provide an accurate postcode.
We recommend that that you check the privacy notices and statements of any third parties that you provide information to as we are not responsible for the way in which they use, share or make available your personal information.
Sometimes we may collate information you have provided to us via multiple direct interactions with the Vanema and/or third-party sources and/or the technical data referred to below so that we can use this to try to improve the services and information we provide to you.
We collect contact details from our suppliers in order to enable us to place orders with them, pay them, manage our relationships with them and fulfil our contracts with this.
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with our products or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a service you have requested from us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
What technical personal information do we collect about you?
As you interact with our websites, we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive technical data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies.
Technical data may include:
- internet protocol (IP) address
- your login data
- browser type and version
- time zone setting and location
- browser plug-in types and versions
- operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our websites
- the previous website from you reached
Some technical data about you may be collected from or received from third parties including those below:
- analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU;
- advertising networks such as Viralloops, Instapage, Theworks; and
- search information
How do we use your information?
The law requires us to ensure we have a lawful basis for processing your personal information. We only use your personal information when we believe it is lawful to do so.
Sometimes, we may ask you to consent to our collection and use of your personal information for certain purposes. Where this is the case, you can change your mind and withdraw your consent at any time by e-mailing us firstname.lastname@example.org
This is usually because it is necessary for:
- the performance of a contract that you enter in to with us; and/or
For example, if you order products from us on the telephone, via our website, within our store or example airport we will need certain information in order to deliver the product and comply with our obligations. Similarly, we have obligations in relation to any warranty, which, again, is a contract with you.
- our legitimate interests or those of a third party; and/or
For example, Vanema has a legitimate interest in keeping in touch with its customers and others who have shown an interest in our products.
Where we have collected your contact details in the process of a sale (or negotiations of a sale) either in store, on the telephone or online, of a product or service, Vanema and its related companies, to which Vanema transfers the data for the following purpose will have permission that is compliant under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations to send you our email marketing messages. You will be able to say if you prefer not to receive these emails when we first collect your contact details and you will be able to unsubscribe in every subsequent communication from us.
- compliance with a legal
For example, sometimes we may be legally obliged to provide information to law enforcement agencies if we suspect fraudulent or criminal activity.
In relation to direct marketing, you can always opt out of receiving this as described below.
Why do we use your details?
We use your personal information for the purposes listed below.
- delivering our products and services to our customers
- processing orders and payments
- managing our relationships with our customers and suppliers including obligations under warranties and customer services
- fulfilling and responding to requests from you or made on your behalf
- tailoring, developing, improving our products and services and our website
- communications with you including:
- marketing and promotional messages
- sending and receiving surveys and analysis of the feedback received
- providing information relating to offers, events and new services, new stores
- dealing with competition entries
- reviewing feedback, comments and other posts on review sites and other social media platforms
- for our internal business management and operational purposes
- ensuring content from our website is presented to you in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- protecting you, our other visitors and our staff from crime
- preventing or detecting unlawful
Who do we share your personal information with?
Your data may be accessed by and shared Vanema’s associated companies.
A number of third party service providers are engaged by Vanema to assist in the supply of our products, the provision of our services, the operation of our business and the running and maintenance of our systems. For example:
- when you make a payment to us this is frequently processed via secure third- party payment process providers;
- our dealing with customers via e-mail and on the telephone is handled on our behalf;
- we use delivery companies to deliver our products to the customers
When we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service. We aim to ensure we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes. If you would like a full list of the relevant service providers that we use please contact us email@example.com
We may release your information to third parties beyond the above only if we are required to do so by law (e.g. by a court order) or in connection with the prevention of fraud or other crime.
How can you opt out of receiving our marketing messages?
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by:
- following the unsubscribe, opt-out or manage your preferences links on any marketing message sent to you
- contacting us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org
- contacting us using any of the contact details set out at the end of this
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, we may still need to use some of your personal information for other purposes (such as to deal with your warranty or other transaction).
How do we protect the personal information you provide to us?
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. Also, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We continually update our policies to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long will you keep my information?
We aim not to keep your information in a form that allows you to be identified for any longer than is reasonably necessary for achieving the permitted purposes.
Please note that some of our warranties continue for extended periods and we will need personal information to comply with our responsibilities in relation to any warranty.
By law we have to keep certain basic information about our customers and their transactions with us for certain specified periods of time.
Will you transfer my information overseas?
Personal information may sometimes be transferred outside of the European Economic Area to third party service providers. We will take steps to ensure that adequate protection is provided for that data as required under data protection laws.
What happens to your personal information on a change of control of our business?
In the event of a business change in control resulting from, for example, a sale to, or merger with, another entity, we may transfer your personal information to the new party in control.
What rights do I have in relation to my personal information?
You have the right to:
Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request").
Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you.
Request erasure of your personal data.
Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms.
Request restriction of processing of your personal data.
Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party.
Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data.
The above are not always applicable, as there are also legal exemptions which may apply, depending on why we have collected the data, and the legal basis on which we are holding the data. We will be happy to explain if you have questions about this.
If you wish to make a formal request for information we hold about you or to make changes to the data we hold about you or to opt-out of being contacted for sales or marketing purposes then you can contact us at email@example.com . You may also use these contact details to ask questions or raise concerns about the privacy notice.
Changes to this privacy notice
This privacy notice was last updated in May 2019.
We may change or update this notice from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. If we make material changes we will endeavour to notify clients and contacts.
How can you contact us and/or comment?
Our full details are:
Full name of legal entity: Vanema Storitve d.o.o.
Name of data privacy manager: Ieva Baradouska
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: Cesta Borisa Kidrica 15, Zagorje ob Savi, 1400, Slovenia
Telephone: +386 01/5899-706
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us first.